Dr. David Katz – a man we appreciate for his dedication to public health, has just launched a support system to make exercising in the midst of our busy lives, easier. Activity Bursts Everywhere (ABE for fitness) are available online and show fitness experts giving you a 4-8 minute burst of exercise that can be done whether you are at home, in your office, in a waiting room, at the park – just about anywhere you might find yourself with a few minutes to spare. Co-workers routinely go out for cigarette breaks, or go down the hall for a coffee break – what if you and the folks you spend your days with took quick activity breaks instead? You would probably get a few more laughs in your day along with some muscle tone. Activity breaks work wonders for kids when there is a concentration overload, adults are no less susceptible. Check out this site and try one out. I just spent 4 minutes on my core and feel great!
- we love that @DanBarber is using ingredients that are "the future of good food" @StoneBarns @bluehillfarm @JCCManhattan 3 minutes ago
- excited to hear @DanBarber speak @JCCManhattan about #wastEDny @bluehillfarm 22 minutes ago
- kindergartners in @butter_beans #growingsoil program made some new friends in our #wormcomposting workshop today! http://t.co/xgn6yBcTkf 3 hours ago
- videos from #JustFoodConference2015 are live! so inspired by these speakers @JustFood @eholtgim @TeachersCollege vimeo.com/justfood/video… 3 hours ago
- so excited to read about our friends @LoveGraceFoods in @ediblelongisland bit.ly/1OZYM1g 4 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness