Dr. David Katz – a man we appreciate for his dedication to public health, has just launched a support system to make exercising in the midst of our busy lives, easier. Activity Bursts Everywhere (ABE for fitness) are available online and show fitness experts giving you a 4-8 minute burst of exercise that can be done whether you are at home, in your office, in a waiting room, at the park – just about anywhere you might find yourself with a few minutes to spare. Co-workers routinely go out for cigarette breaks, or go down the hall for a coffee break – what if you and the folks you spend your days with took quick activity breaks instead? You would probably get a few more laughs in your day along with some muscle tone. Activity breaks work wonders for kids when there is a concentration overload, adults are no less susceptible. Check out this site and try one out. I just spent 4 minutes on my core and feel great!
- this looks like an interesting event! Climate Change Demands We Change. Why Aren't We? Conference, @thenewschool shar.es/R79B9 12 hours ago
- Excited for our #kitchen staff town hall! Thanks for all of your hard working and dedication to our mission! http://t.co/xAMXctujnw 13 hours ago
- excited that our #food & garden summer camp is featured on @NewYorkLvsKids 14 hours ago
- @DieselDornes @markhymanmd can you believe it! check out @WHO proposed sugar recommendations open for public comment bit.ly/1hMsoy5 16 hours ago
- @pcabrent @markhymanmd inspiring article indeed being a sugar addict is not easy, thanks for providing these ideas for #sugar detox support! 17 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness