Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Thx @outsidemagazine for this guide to #sustainable #seafood ow.ly/Nzs1A http://t.co/Zigdtec5gz 59 minutes ago
- Stay in the know about @butter_beans events by now subscribing to our Facebook events page! ow.ly/Nzs1z 1 hour ago
- Student Quote re @butter_beans food: "Hot bar is great" #healthyfood #changeschoollunch 1 hour ago
- play+dig+cook+explore+grow = awesome summer adventures w @Butter_Beans Food & Garden camp ow.ly/Nzs1M http://t.co/OGsAO5HXV5 2 hours ago
- want to use up a part of the plant that usually get #wastEDny? make carrot top pesto! #cookingwithkids ow.ly/Nzs1y 2 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness