Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Student Quote: "Butterbeans gives me oranges and carrots" #eatwell #schoollunch http://t.co/G2Yxz7ghy4 1 day ago
- head to camp partner @rosemarysnyc for farm fresh delicious Italian food! #supportlocal ow.ly/P7xTo 1 day ago
- it's not too late to Refer-A-Friend to #summercamp and receive $100 back! ow.ly/P7xTn 1 day ago
- Be inspired by your #food by learning to connect with it and where it comes from! #eatwell ow.ly/P7xTm http://t.co/vO4fLYa25v 1 day ago
- Free summer meals for everyone 18 yrs old and younger ow.ly/P7xTl 1 day ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness