Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Always inspired by @UNISNYC queens campus #environmental center! #schoolgarden https://t.co/Lf2vmt01jh 18 hours ago
- Clever use of old tires! #upcycle #gardening #sustainability https://t.co/VjIzebaJTL 19 hours ago
- @DREAMSchoolNYC the gratitude is mutual! The DREAM students inspire us each and every day. twitter.com/dreamschoolnyc… 1 day ago
- @roni_sue we feel the same! We love your #bean2bar creativity! twitter.com/roni_sue/statu… 1 day ago
- @ChefAlliSosna @DREAMSchoolNYC thanks so much for the support! 1 day ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness