Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Via @nprnews: Turning #Food Waste Into Fuel Takes Gumption And Trillions Of Bacteria n.pr/1fQ6966 @wastedfood 1 hour ago
- this looks like an interesting event! Climate Change Demands We Change. Why Aren't We? Conference, @thenewschool shar.es/R79B9 19 hours ago
- Excited for our #kitchen staff town hall! Thanks for all of your hard working and dedication to our mission! http://t.co/xAMXctujnw 19 hours ago
- excited that our #food & garden summer camp is featured on @NewYorkLvsKids 21 hours ago
- @DieselDornes @markhymanmd can you believe it! check out @WHO proposed sugar recommendations open for public comment bit.ly/1hMsoy5 23 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness