Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- De Blasio Will Try To Make NYC Street Fairs Less Generic gothamist.com/2016/09/21/str… via @Gothamist 2 days ago
- Enjoy the abundant apples of autumn with this apple crisp recipe #firstdayoffall #AutumnalEquinox #nycfoodie… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 week ago
- Yummy indeed! There are few things as inspiring (and delicious!) as a colorful plate of fresh, seasonal veggies. twitter.com/schoolfoodwell… 2 weeks ago
- We're kicking off our Fall cooking classes with this delicious Kobocha Curry recipe! butterbeanskitchen.com/blog/schools-b… https://t.co/KVeeS2lVWl 2 weeks ago
- The Butter Beans salad bar @ChurchillSchool is full of color and flavor! Ready for lunchtime?#schoollunch 🍴 https://t.co/oPGtjqTnGP 2 weeks ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness