Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- via @modfarm modernfarmer.com/2015/03/specia… 18 hours ago
- “The more we make each meal a feast for our eyes and mouths, the more it nourishes the deeper levels of our being.” @ElsonHaas 18 hours ago
- #Spring is a time to refresh de-clutter reboot clean up go out overcome achieve strengthen bloom butterbeanskitchen.com/blog/?p=2150 #Easter #Easter2015 18 hours ago
- inspired by @rachelrayrecipe #butterbeans salad w/ peppers, red onion, garlic, cumin, & easy lemon #evoo vinaigrette foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachae… 19 hours ago
- @nuts Thanks so much! You've inspired us with all of your delicious almond products especially your beautiful raw almonds in the shell! 19 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness