Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Come work with us! Butter Beans is currently hiring for after school #cookingclass educators and assistants #foodies butterbeanskitchen.com/employment/ 3 days ago
- The class was amazed by all of the ingredients we could stuff into our dolmades! #greekfood #afterschoolprogram… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Join our cooking class this week in making this Mediterranean treat! butterbeanskitchen.com/blog/dolmades-… #RecipeOfTheDay… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
- Everyone's lining up to make miso soup! #PS58 #brooklyn #nyceats #afterschoolfun #japanesefood #wholefoods… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- The root vegetable sushi rolls were a big hit! Chef Anna helps pack them away so we can save the rest for later! ☺️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 weeks ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness