Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Join @butter_beans and @Your_Food_Story at Booth 470 at #NYCGreenFest! ow.ly/M2BrU 8 hours ago
- want to use up a part of the plant that usually get #wastEDny? make carrot top pesto! #cookingwithkids ow.ly/M2BqM 9 hours ago
- Consuming eggs might help cut your risk of developing diabetes wpo.st/_eSE0 ow.ly/M2BqL 9 hours ago
- Come see the Butter Beans team at Booth 470 tomorrow at #NYCGreenFest this weekend! ow.ly/M2BrO 9 hours ago
- craving #tacos but don't have tortillas on hand? make a taco salad! a perfect go-to dinner plan #eatwell ow.ly/M2BqK 9 hours ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness