Our cafeteria’s serve not only nutritious lunches, but also nutrition education! Along with our monthly table tops filled with recipes, healthy + seasonal eating tips and nutrition + wellness information for our children to read, we also integrate food labels into the cafeteria. Our labels depict how a certain ingredient grows in nature, along with allergen information (which is also indicated on our school-wide menus). We understand what it’s like to have children with food allergies, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for our children to chose what to eat each day. They love reading our food labels, and have found them to be a useful tool that aids them during their lunch experience.
- Makings of our Squashy Spaghetti with Carrot-Top Pesto, Roasted Herbed Chicken, Carrot Ginger Cookies, & Basil Lemo… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago
- Come cook with us tomorrow at @asphaltgreen #weekendclasses #kidsclasses #todothisweekend #todo #cookingclass… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- What are your plans #thisweekend? Come #cook with us #Saturday morning @asphaltgreen! #kidsclasses #nycevents #nyc butterbeanskitchen.com/cooking-classe… 1 day ago
- RT @asphaltgreen: What's cooking? We are partnering with @butter_beans to bring you cooking classes for kids! Register: https://t.co/JEamKn… 2 days ago
- 1rst @asphaltgreen December Cooking Series Class down, 2 MORE to go! Registration is still open for Saturday Dec 10… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 days ago
after school agriculture calories cooking classes cooking with kids exercise families fast food featured articles Food & Farm program Food for thought food politics food waste gardens giving healthy food healthy lifestyle holiday home remedies let's move local food lunch time news and happenings nutrition raising children recipes school food seasonal seasonal celebrations seasonal food of the month summer camp Uncategorized wellness