We are here to share with you some of our staff favorites, hoping that our list may inspire a food revolution in you, or in your community.
- A Girl and her Pig April Bloomfield
- American Wasteland Jonathan Bloom.
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Barbara Kingsolver.
- Blood, Bones, and Butter Gabrielle Hamilton
- Eat to Live Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D.
- Eat Your Genes: How Genetically Modified Food Is Changing Our Diet Stephen Nottingham.
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease Robert H. Lustig, M.D.
- Foodopoly Wenonah Hauter.
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health Marion Nestle.
- Free For All: Fixing School Food in America Janet Poppendieck.
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health Gary Taubes.
- Home Made Yvette Van Boven.
Life on the line Grant Achatz
- Mindless Eating: Why Eat More Than We Think Dr. Brian Wansink, Ph.D.
- Omnivore’s Dilemma Michael Pollan.
- Pandora’s Lunchbox: How Processed Food Took Over the American Meal Melanie Warner.
- Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body Stephanie L. Tourles.
- Setting The Table Danny Meyer.
- Slow Food: The Case for Taste Carlo Petrini.
- The Family Meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adrià Ferran Adria.
- The Good Life: Helen and Scott Nearing’s Sixty Years of Self-Sufficient Living Scott and Helen Nearing.
- The One Straw Revolution Masanobu Fukuoka.
- The Unsettling of AmericaWendell Berry
- The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Eat and Why Jonny Bowden Ph.D, C.N.S.
- This Organic Life: Confessions of a Suburban Homesteader Joan Dye Gussow.
- What to Eat: An Aisle-by-Aisle Guide to Savvy Food Choices and Good Eating Marion Nestle.
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health William Davis, M.D.
- You Can Farm Joel Salatin.
What food related books have inspired you?
Photo courtesy of whitneyinchicago