Mix them together, sprinkle some cumin and chili powder, place them on corn tortillas, and you’ve got yourself a winning lunch or dinner in no time!
Serves 2 – Prep time 5 minutes – Total time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup dry black beans soaked for 8 hours and cooked for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or rinsed from BPA free can
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 leaves of kale, leaves removed from stems
- 2-4 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 2 pinches of se salt
1. Prep your ingredients: Rinse, then cut your sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Rinse your kale, then remove leaves from stems and rip into small pieces. Rinse off your beans whether canned or homemade. Take out corn tortillas.
2. Cook: Over medium heat add olive oil to a pan, then place your chopped sweet potatoes and mix. Add your spices and salt, mix again. Cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in a drop or two of water, cover and let steam for 5-7 minutes, until sweet potatoes soften. Warm up your tortillas. In your pan, add in black beans and kale then mix. Cover and let cook for another 3-5 minutes, until kale is sautéed and beans are mixed thoroughly with the sweet potatoes.
3. Serve: Place your delicious vegetarian taco filling onto your corn tortillas, serve with cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, shredded cheese, or au naturale.