Use up lots of goodies sitting your fridge with this delicious, nutritious, and quite stunning quinoa salad.
Serves 2 – Prep time 5 minutes – Total time 7 minutes (not including the 20 minute quinoa time)
- Quinoa, 1 cup
- Carrots, 1 medium sized, chopped
- Scallions, 2 chopped
- Raisins, handful, chopped
- Almonds, handful, chopped
- Red onion, 2 slices, chopped
- Cilantro, handful, ripped
- Lemon juice, 1 tbsp
- Maple syrup, 2 tsp
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Black pepper, a few grinds
1. Cook quinoa: Place quinoa in a pot, with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then to a simmer. Once all water is absorbed (about 20 minutes), remove from heat and cover for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork. Cook more quinoa if you want to use some later in the week, place in a container and refrigerate.
2. Prep your ingredients: Chop carrots, scallions, raisins, almonds, red onion, rip cilantro, and in a separate bowl whisk up lemon juice, maple syrup and olive oil.
3. Assemble + cool: Add all your chopped goodies into the cooked pot of quinoa, mix well. Pour dressing over, mix again. Cool in the fridge or eat right away.
You’ll be amazed at how delicious quinoa is!
Of course, feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge. This salad would taste great with all sorts of other veggies like mushrooms, peas, beets, kohlrabi, edamame, sunflower seeds, pepitas…the possibilities are endless with this versatile super-seed!