Try out these nut/seed bars.
Easy to make, delicious and nutritious, these bars stick together nicely after cooled in the fridge for 1 hour or more.
This recipe makes for an excellent weekend project, to prepare for a busy week ahead.
Makes 12 bars – Prep time: 5 minutes – Total time: 10 minutes – Recipe adapted from George Mateljan
- 1 cup raw or roasted peanuts/almonds/cashews/pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup raisins/dried cranberries/dried apricots/dried prunes/dates
- 2 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients, with the exception of the honey, in a food processor until fine but still having some texture.
- Add honey and process just long enough for it to blend in.
- Press into a square about 3/4 inch thick on a plate or square pan and refrigerate for about an hour or more.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
Photo courtesy of HealthAliciousNess