With the heat of the summer comes the opportunity to cool down in the kitchen.
With the stove turned off and less options at your fingertips, we have the opportunity to think simple, cool, refreshing meal thoughts.
This recipe is just that. 5 ingredients to a blissful lunch.
We used burrata for our cheese, a mozzarella stuffed with cream and a bombshell of flavor and deliciousness. You can use regular mozzarella, or other fresh cheeses you may have on hand.
We paired it with fresh tomatoes, basil, a smidge of olive oil, and added it to toasted gluten free bread. If you aren’t gluten free, try this on toasted ciabatta for a satisfying crunch!
Serves 2 Prep Time: 3 minutes Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 ball of burrata, sliced
- 4 pieces of toast
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- a few fresh basil leaves
- drop of olive oil
- a few grinds of pepper
- 4 slices of gluten free bread, or ciabatta
1. Prep your ingredients: Toast your bread, slice your burrata, rinse and slice your tomato, rinse your basil.
2. Assemble: Layer your toast with a few slices of burrata, some tomatoes, basil, drop of olive oil and some pepper.
3. Enjoy this simple meal and take in the summer breeze