The secret to making the best fish tacos is simplicity.
No frying, fancy slaws or major prep work. Just a quick sauté, fast salsa creation, and you’re done.
Cheers to summer!
Serves 2 Prep time: 5 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 small flounder filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- 1 small scallion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
1. Prep: Place corn tortillas in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes. Peel and cube avocado, set aside. Dice mango, red onion, jalapeño pepper, scallion. Cut lime in half. Chop cilantro.
2. Make mango salsa: In a bowl, mix mango, red onion, jalapeño pepper, scallion and cilantro together with fresh lime juice. Mix well, sprinkle with sea salt and a few grinds of pepper.
3. Cook fish: Over medium heat, add olive oil, then your filets into a pan. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes.
4. Assemble: Remove your corn tortillas from the oven. Place fish on top of the tortillas, then top with avocado and mango salsa. Garnish with a bit of cilantro and enjoy the fresh taste of summer!