Puree this cruciferous wonder into a simple soup, and be wooed by it’s sweet and earthy flavor, filled with vitamin C, K and folate.
Perfect for the change in season, this soup will help keep you in tip top shape for the holidays.
Prep Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 2-4 servings
- 2 large shallots, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 large head of broccoli
- 2 C. water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Lemon, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
1. Prep: Peel and slice shallots, rinse and cut broccoli florets into smaller pieces.
2. Cook: In a saucepan, heat oil and add shallots. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until shallots are caramelized. Add water, and insert a steamer basket (or not) and broccoli. Steam for 7 minutes, or until tender.
3. Process: Add caramelized shallots and steamed broccoli into a big bowl, and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Or place shallots and broccoli into a food processor, blending until smooth.
4. Serve: Place soup into bowls. Drizzle in olive oil, squeeze some lemon, and add some salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy this soothing and health promoting soup!
Photo courtesy of sk8geek