There is nothing simpler and more satisfying than a creamy (dairy and gluten free) potato leek soup. The combination simply soothes the soul.
Here’s how to make this rich soup in just 20 minutes:
Inspired by epicurious
Prep Time: 3 minutes Total Time: ~20 minutes
- Handful of red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 leek, cut into half moons
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 C water (or stock)
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
1. Prep: Rinse potatoes and leek. Cut potatoes, remove the top (where it starts to diverge), and the bottom root of the leek, cut down the middle, then into half moons. Take out your pan, wooden spoon, food processor, or immersion blender.
2. Cook: Add olive oil to a deep pan, over medium-low heat cook the leeks with a dash of salt, and cover for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Add in water, cover and bring to a simmer. Add in potatoes, cover and simmer for ~10-20 minutes, or until soft.
3. Blend: In your food processor, puree 1/2 of the soup mixture. Place soup mixture in a big bowl, then mix in the other 1/2 of the soup from your pan. Mix well, then serve. Season with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Photo courtesy of sethoscope